Are You Ready?
Riley was rescued from the North Central Animal Shelter
Before you adopt a dog, please ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you willing to care for the dog throughout his or her lifetime? Small dogs can live up to 18 years.
- Do you know how to housetrain a dog?
- Can you afford the cost of food, grooming and regular veterinary care, including yearly vaccinations and check-ups?
- Do you have the time to adequately exercise the dog?
- Are you prepared to attend training classes to teach your dog basic obedience?
- Are you prepared to hire a trainer if your dog has behavioral issues that you don’t know how to deal with?
- Have you considered who will care for your dog during vacations or in an emergency?
- Will you give your pet love and attention when he or she needs you, and not just at your convenience?
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE READY FOR A DOG BEFORE BRINGING ONE HOME!!